Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is Pitaschio ?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:11 PM

Pitaschio is a freeware which makes it convenient to use Microsoft Windows.

Pitaschio includes a large number of useful functions.

For example,

* Snap a window to other windows when moving and resizing
* Restrict window position to inside of the screen
* Minimize window to system tray
* Use small icons in the desktop
* Disable Caps Lock key, Windows key, Insert key, Alt key, etc.
* Disable mouse or keyboard while you are cleaning them
* Statistics about mouse and keyboard operations
* Calculate Moon's age
* Display sound volume level

Pitaschio is the essential tool to use windows efficiently.

http://pitaschio.ara3.net/

I ran across this utility the other day and fiddled with it. It added a visual slider bar to my keyboard volume control buttons, just like I used to have on some fancier keyboards with drivers; but I lost that with the basic keyboards I've used since. So, it gave me the idea to look around and see if I could find a simpler application that just did that and nothing else. I searched around and found a couple of widgets that have a visual of the volume when adjusting it, but they involved a hot key+mouse wheel, but I didn't care for the looks of them and where it positioned the GUI on my desktop. But mainly I'm not, nor have I ever been, real good at using custom hot keys to do things. I can right click or get to the toolbar to do what I want faster than I can remember what hot key combo I chose to do this or that.

So, what I did was this:

Since it doesn't install, the extracted folder is in a Tools Folder in My Docs where I keep all my little utilities like this. I un-ticked everything else in the main settings except Show Volume and hide the icon in the systray, and in the Mouse Shortcuts I set all of them to none. (A couple of items are left grayed out.) I have no idea what the other options are for so I left them alone. Then I placed a shortcut to the .exe in my Start Up folder.

I now have a nice visual of my volume levels when I use my keyboard volume controls. :thumbsup:

For those of you who do like to use hot key shortcuts, you might want to take a look at this little application. Lots of choices in it. And the best part is that it doesn't have to be installed. Those are my favorite kinds of apps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users