Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reinstalling Xp

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 tomthebomb231

tomthebomb231

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:53 PM

I have had my dell computer since 2004 and over the years it has slowed down a lot. So Yesterday a friend of mine came over and he told me there was a way to completely erase everything on your computer but what was on the computer when you first got it ( I don't remember exactly what it was called but i think it was partitioning or something like that). So we decided to do this. We rebooted the computer and started the process, but after awhile of everything going good the computer just froze. we restarted the computer, but it would not load, and eventually we decided to completely erase everything on the computer and reinstall windows xp service pack 2. we had a installation disk so we thought it would be fine. After about an hour the installation was complete. we rebooted and set all the settings and stuff. Soon though we realized we did not have any of the drivers for anything ( I don't know why dell would not include this when we bought the computer). So right now you can turn on the computer, and everything works fine but you can't get on the internet you can't hear any sound and there is probably some more problems i just don't know about. I feel really stupid.

anyway I was wondering if there was a site where I could download drivers for windows xp service pack two ( right now I am on my laptop computer which does have high speed internet).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 lliztiz

lliztiz

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:09 PM

You can try checking out support.dell.com, Dell's support site. You don't have to be under warranty to use it. Good luck. I have had the pleasure of reloading an operating system, and it was no fun at all.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:33 PM

Your Dell should have come with a Drivers and Applications CD also. The drivers are on there (but it's a PITA to figger out which one's to use). You can also download them from the Dell support site.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:22 PM

Hello tomthebomb231,

I notice that you have an open HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum.
Computer Running Terribly Slow

You should not make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your computer.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users