Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Infection But Can Not Access Internet For Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crystal_june

crystal_june

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 AM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:52 PM

I have CATSRVPS.EXE on my computer. Some of the other words that go with it in the "virus notice" box are: c:/windows/system 32 and downloader.BEl.d11 I tried to run Ad Aware but it got hung up at this virus. Ad Aware said that this program is not cleanable or delete-able. I found the topic here on how to remove this program but I can not access the internet on that computer to get what you are recommending to help clean my computer. Also, I have Windows XE and the only options I get when I start up are F1: Setup and F12: Boot. I do not know any other way to get to safe mode. As you can tell, I am fairly computer illiterate. Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,097 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:33 PM

Quote: "Also, I have Windows XE"---could this be a typo? XP, maybe?

You need to download Super Antispyware to another medium (CD, flash drive) using another computer then install on the infected computer.
Install Super Antispyware. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Let us know the results of the scan. Also, give us the link to the instructions that you found on this site to remove the malware you have.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 crystal_june

crystal_june
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:07 AM

Yes, I have Windows XP, not XE oops.

Here is the link that I found that you requested...
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-remove-a-trojan-virus-worm-or-malware/

I got the SuperAntiSpyware, installed it on the infected computer and.. it scanned right over catsrvps.exe It did however give me a way to reboot in safe mode, so I will try to do something with that tomorrow. The SuperAntiSpyware did find things to remove on my laptop, so I know I DID get it downloaded correctly.

Anything else that I need to try?

Thanks for your help.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,097 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:11 AM

Install the Hijack This program the same way you did SAS. When you have HJT on the infected computer and before you install it/use it, find the HJT.exe file and right click on the file. Choose "rename" and name it lastchancescan.com.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/hija...s-installer.php
Post a Hijack This Log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post a log in this forum.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users