Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware Pop Ups Driving Me Nuts!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 leacaprice

leacaprice

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:10 PM

I have tried everything I know to get rid of this hijacker that is continually giving me messenger alerts to go to a bogus registry cleaner website. NoAdware found them, but won't remove them. Running Navlog1 now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,501 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:34 PM

Super Antispyware should remove or at least help us identify the malware that is causing the problem.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,070 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:23 PM

NoAdaware is a program that was previously listed as a rogue product on the Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products List because of concerns with False positive and the use of aggressive, deceptive advertising including exploitation of the name "Ad-Aware". It has since been delisted but in my opinion it is not a very effective program compared to others with a proven track those mentioned in BC's List of Virus & Malware Resources or one of the other Trustworthy Anti-Spyware Products.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users