Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Runescape

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Neonwave

Neonwave

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:15 AM

Runescape is lagging on my computer, but it works perfectly fine on another computer. It hangs for a few seconds BUT the advertisement above doesn't. Its probably only Runescape hanging.

Internet explorer also takes up more than 100,000K memory usage and CPU usage ranges from 90% to 100% while playing Runescape.

I'm not sure whats the problem, maybe its just Java on my computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:30 PM

It could be your computer. even though runescape's requirement are very low (I can run it on a 333mhz AMD processor, 192mb of ram, 8mb graphics, with small amounts of lag). Can you post your system specs? The only reason I can think of your cpu running at 100% usage playing runescape is that your computer is too slow or you have a virus. Also, you could go and download the latest version of java.

Heres a test you should try to see if its runescape. Open runescape up and play so your cpu usage is 90-100%. Then close it while leaving task manager opened and examine the cpu usage for a minute or two. What is your average cpu usage after this?
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Neonwave

Neonwave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:46 AM

I have the latest version of Java on my computer already.

Im running on a Celeron CPU 2.80GHz and 248 MB of ram.

Average cpu usage is about 28%. The line is pretty jumpy.. It stays on 0%-4% and suddenly, a huge shot of CPU usage about 45% to 90%. Playing Runescape gives me 92% and above of CPU usage..

I've been using Spybot search & destroy as an anti virus program although i have Ad-Aware SE before I installed Spybot.

#4 Neonwave

Neonwave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2007 - 01:38 AM

I still think its due to my java, but its the latest version of java.

#5 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:38 AM

In add/remove programs, is this latest version of Java the only version? Sometimes there is a problem where the old versions are not removed.
To get to the add/remove programs contol panel, click start / run and type appwiz.cpl in the textbox.

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#6 Neonwave

Neonwave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:36 AM

Still doesn't help. I have to end several processes at the task manager without knowing what they are to make java run smoothly..

#7 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 26 September 2007 - 05:43 AM

Have you tried running Runescape in "Low Detail" mode to see if that helps?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#8 Neonwave

Neonwave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:35 AM

Yep. It helps to calm the lagging abit, but it still hangs. I guess the only way is to end processes on my task manager :thumbsup:

#9 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:55 AM

What are the major differences between the two computers you have played it on?
Can we assume you have the latest video and audio drivers installed, and have defragged sometime after you installed the game?
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#10 Neonwave

Neonwave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:22 AM

I don't know why, but my printer is using most of my memory. It starts itself every reboot. Once I end the printer process on my task manager, Runescape doesn't seem to lag anymore. Is there a way to stop my printer from starting itself everytime?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users