Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon Printer Hell!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ROZCKA

ROZCKA

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:04 AM

:thumbsup: Well hi guys it's me again sorry to say... I took your advice and bought a new printhead for my Canon i450 as it was printing blank pages even after a good cleaning. Anyway have installed the new printhead and two lots of new ink and it's still printing blank pages....it's driving me nuts!! I have windows vista home premium and i've had to download the drivers from the internet s vista won't accept the drivers i have on the Canon software. Can anyone please help???? i can't afford another printer as i've just spent a small fortune on the new printhead. Thanks in advance ....ROZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:36 AM

If its USB try another port on the computer, also try a different USB cable if you have one. I am grasping at straws atm.

Edit: Usually re-installing drivers works

Edit2: spelling DOH!!

Edited by Sneakycyber, 15 September 2007 - 11:05 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 ROZCKA

ROZCKA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:58 AM

Hi sneakycyber have changed usb port and still no joy have reinstalled drivers. printer goes through all the motions of printing but nothing on the page :thumbsup:

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:59 AM

If there's anything in the Canon program or print preview that says "monochrome", unclick it
Mark
Duh, I thought you said black not blank
sorry

Edited by garmanma, 15 September 2007 - 09:02 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 ROZCKA

ROZCKA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:16 AM

done a little research about bubble jet printers and it seems they need some kind of heating element to heat the ink which inflates (bubble like) and this forces the ink through the jets onto the paper. Now could this be my problem????? could the heating element have conked out???? come on guys surely there's someone out there with the knowledge i need....please help ...ROZ

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:37 AM

I am still looking around for information on it. Have you tried contacting Canon?

Chad Mockensturm 

#7 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:41 AM

Seems a daft question but when you say that you have "downloaded the drivers" did you download the Vista drivers? Have you tried installing and operating the printer unter the Win XP? I think trying to fix something sush as a print head or heating element will cost you more than the printer is worth.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#8 ROZCKA

ROZCKA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:58 AM

Hi Firecracker, the thing is i have replaced the printhead with a new one already, after thinking that this would solve the problem but it has'nt and i hate to give up on it now after spending on the new printhead. As for the drivers, i downloaded them from the Canon website where they were recommended for this printer to work on windows vista. The printer has no problems communicating with my pc, it understands the request to print and goes through all the motions, but as i've already said there is nothing on the paper.

#9 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:23 AM

Hi Roz, just a couple of other questions:

- When did this printer work
- Has your operating system changed sinced it worked
- Are you using official Canon cartridges
- Have you tried connecting the printer to another computer and tried to print
- Has all packing tape been removed from the catridge

this may help.
Posted Image

#10 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2007 - 02:22 PM

Nice catch fireKracker :thumbsup: I forgot to ask about the little tab on the print head.

Chad Mockensturm 

#11 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:51 PM

Cheers Sneaky, its always the simplest of things we tend to overlook!! However I bet its not the cause of Rozcka's problem :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#12 ROZCKA

ROZCKA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2007 - 12:39 PM

:thumbsup: well guys you've all been fab for taking the time to try and help me here. Connected the printer to another pc and ran every check possible and had it looked at by the village pc enthusiast and the printer is wots known as knackered, kaput, dead. So i've managed to get a secondhand HP printer and all's worked out in the end. Thanks again guys and if you know where i can offer the .pdf manual for the Canon i450 here on the forums could you let me know? it may come in handy for someone else.....ROZ

#13 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:35 PM

Sorry it wasn't something that could be fixed. Glad you found another printer :thumbsup:

Chad Mockensturm 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users