Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:07 AM
I've been downloading files via torrent onto my 8GB FAT32 flash drive for some time now, and Windows 2000 Pro tells me it needs a defrag,
But I've so many different torrents on the go, with finishing times of up to 4 days, I don't want to proceed with the defrag if it'll jeopardise the integrity of any unfinished files.
So I guess I need to know if it's:
1. Safe to defrag while the torrent Client/program is active and files are downloading;
2. Safe (or safer than 1.) to defrag with unfinished torrents, but should first stop all downloading and exit the Client;
3. Unsafe to defrag until all files are finished downloading and complete.
4. Your personal recommendation or advice that aint covered by 1 to 3 would be awfully good.
(the one who knows from experience that:
1. ignorance combined with minimal wealth + plenty health is, in fact, bliss;
2. asking questions becomes dangerous when they're answered; and,
3. eating too many chips wont make you into a FAT32).