Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I'm Definitely Infected...i Need Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 logohog3

logohog3

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:55 AM

I don't know how it got on my computer...I'm usually very careful. Somehow, Magic Antispy has installed itself on my computer. My Limewire would start up all on it's own every minute, a million and one "symantec e mail proxy" windows keep popping up (using all my virtual memory and locking up the system), and it installed a blank program labeled 1 and a setup labeled 2 into my startup.

I've deleted the magicantispy folder and files, I've deleted limewire, and Iv'e run spysweeper, spybot, adaware, roguescan, and hijack this, and still the fake warnings pop up. Limewire keeps trying to start itself, even though it's gone. My computer can't connect to the internet without a million symantec windows popping up, and nothing has changed. I've looked all over the internet trying to find a solution, and I've tried a bunch. I really don't want to have to blow my hard drive away and start from scratch, so this is my last hope. I don't even know how this happened, I just want my computer back. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:04 AM

Remove temporary files, logs, cookies, etc. by using Ccleaner. Do not use "Advanced Settings" or the "Issues" button. Use only the default settings. http://www.ccleaner.com/

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Post a Hijack This Log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below. DO NOT post a log in this forum. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 logohog3

logohog3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:39 PM

HELP!!!! THINGS HAVE ACTUALLY GOTTEN MUCH WORSE.....EVEN WITHOUT AN INTERNET CONNECTION!!!

I can't: run regedit, run the task manager, run winamp and a few other programs, or get rid of this spyware/malware/trojan on my computer. MagicAntiSpy will NOT go away, and it almost seems like more is wrong. I've tried everything out there suggested by mainy forums....Rogue Remover, Spybot, Adaware, Norton, Spy Sweeper, Super Anti Spyware, C Cleaner.........NOTHING WORKS!!!

What does happen: the "you are infected" window always pops up. The same spyware/malware gets detected, only now it can't delete it all. Says something about runtime or stream errors. I had at least 5 gigs free, now I have 0kb left on my hard drive. If I dare even try to connect to the internet, I get 3 million Symantec mail proxy windows popping up.

I am usually incredibly careful, and I have no idea how this even occurred, but at this point I don't know what else to do besides scrapping the whole thing, buying an external drive and starting over on my laptop. If you know how to fix this...PLEASE HELP!

I've posted my hijack this log in that forum as well.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:50 PM

Hi logohog3,

Now that you have posted a HJT log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed, since you have an open log posted.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users