Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Visio

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rayal49

Rayal49

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 07:36 PM

I have tried several times to install "MS VISIO" 2003 on my computer. I insert the install CD , the CD menu opens ,I select "install".The install process starts ,runs for about 30 secs amd then I get the message "An earlier version of MS VISIO has been detected and will now exit setup".The install then cancels automatically.
I do not have an earlier version MS Visio installed .Does anyone know why this is happening and what can I do about it?
Thanks

Rayal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:12 PM

Hi . I have Office 2003 which contains Visio (presumably version 2003). The Office install program has the ability to create install discs for all the individual programs in the package.

Was your Visio install disc created this way ?

Does Add/Remove Programs list Visio 2003 ?

Do you have the Office 2003 disc ?

If so, there may be a way there to uninstall any previous attempts to install Visio.

You could try these:

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

You receive an error message when you install an Office program

This fix is pretty wild... I don't understand how they did it.

Setup has detected a version of viso 2003 already installed...

-

Edited by WinCrazy, 14 September 2007 - 09:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users