Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer restarts when i try to get online

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 playboyjeff

playboyjeff

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:51 PM

ok i'm having a real big problem i had like over a 1,000s viruses and i was fianally able to get rid of them,but after i did and tried to get online as soon as my connection was done signing on my computer automatically restarted,i have zone alarm firewall and zerpesky anti-virus,i'm running xp pro,i also have spybot s&d,and ad-aware se,everything is updated and ive tried to find anything that may cause my problem butthey all keep coming up empty after gettting rid of everything,when i was getting rid of the viruses,it deleted alot of things like my system restore logs that i was going to try to restore to try and fix the prob but the logs are empty and have started all over,i can figure out why my comp connecting to the internet would automatically shut down my comp,plz help :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JackTheHaack

JackTheHaack

• Members
  • 307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:58 PM

Hi Playboyjeff & :thumbsup: to BC.

You need to down load HiJackThis then create and run it from it's own folder in your main directory, usually "C" drive. Then post your log in the HJT forum and wait. Someone will come along and help you with this but please be patient as they are busy ppl.

Good luck.
JTH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users