Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Attempted Intrusion From Isearch Dns Request" And "goidr Dns Request

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PontScott

PontScott

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:05 PM

Norton Internet Worm Protection (in Norton AntiVirus) has detected and blocked two different Intrusion Attempt ("ISearch DNS Request" and "Goidr DNS Request")
Norton has blocked it and that´s all fine but does this mean I have some kind of malware (spyware/adware) on my computer? :thumbsup:

I have had problems with Trojans, Downloaders, Adware (Virtumonde is one of them) since Aug. 26th. I thought I had got rid of all the bad stuff but a few days ago Norton stated to give me these warnings.
Norton have also recently detected "Infostealer.Gampass" (and deleted it).

So now I wonder if this is serious and if I need to do more to clean up my computer?

I am just an average computer user that is trying to understand and solve this problem so I would be very thankful for some expert advice on this.

(I have Norton Antivirus, expired version of Webroot SpySweeper, Spybot - Search and Destroy, Ad-Aware, Windows Defender and AVG Anti-Spyware installed on my computer right now to try to find any still remaning "bad stuff".)

P.S. I have tried to find help on Symantec´s website but all it says is to uninstall some program that is causing this (there is none as far as I can see) and do a virus scan (I have! SEVERAL times!! Norton finds nothing).

Once again, thankful for any help and advice I can get.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:56 AM

Hi, welcome to Bleeping Computer. :thumbsup:

The short answer to your question is Yes.

Virtumonde is a difficult thing to get rid of with ordinary tools.

Then you seem to have other infections complicating the situation. One of them is a password stealer.

I suggest you take this machine offline as much as possible, and change all your passwords from a clean computer. Go ahead and scan with those free tools you have downloaded, they will clear out some of the malware, but I think you are going to need help to get your computer clean.

Remove your expired version of SpySweeper, it's useless without current definitions.

Please follow the instructions in this preparation guide and post a HijackThis log in the HijackThis forum, not here. Be patient, there is quite a backlog there at the moment. If after five days, you have not received a reply, post a note with the URL of your topic here. Good luck.

#3 PontScott

PontScott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 03:35 PM

OK! At least now I know something really IS wrong.

Thanks!

I´ll do what you´ve suggested and post a HijackThis log in the right forum ASAP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users