Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing A Video Card On A Laptop

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bob999

bob999

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 11:55 AM

i have a hp pavilion ze 4900, an old computer if u ask me:D
anyways i am playing guildwars online(if anyone is familiar with that. i have been able to play for about 2 months now. they don't support anything other than readeon and ati cards. so far i have been able to get away with my intel 82852/82855 GM/GME graphics controller. now all of a sudden i come up with an unrecoverable error and the games freezes up. i was wondering if there would be any way a person could swap out videocards on a laptop. i tried looking on manuf. support but they didn't say anything. if anyone could help me that would be great
:thumbsup:

ATI™ Radeon® 8500 or NVIDIA® GeForce 3 or 4 MX Series Video Card with 32 MB of VRAM these are min system cards required

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:17 PM

They use an onboard video chip in a laptop, not a card, no room. All you can do is Update the onboard video driver, maybe increase your RAM, and if the BIOS lets you, allot more memory for video processing
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:40 PM

add more ram if you are running windows xp and only have 512 megs?

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/inte...b/cs-021232.htm

Game crashes during play

update the driver
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#4 bob999

bob999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 PM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:48 PM

is there any way i could change the driver from intel to ati or raedeon or no i don't think i can but it doesn't hurt to ask. and how would i go about updating the driver, i have had the comp for 4 years now and i have lost the original boot disk and everything else with it. are they online or how.

thx guys for being so helpful, i'm planning on telling my friends about this site:thumbsup:

#5 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:39 AM

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel852gm/index.htm

please read this page, there might not be a new driver
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users