Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Powerpoint Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 margiemorgan

margiemorgan

• Members
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:06 AM

I am using a powerpoint presentation in one of my classes. This is the first time I have had this problem and I am stumped. I have one particular presentation that every time I open the file, a popup window comes up that wants me to sign in to a web site for (what I think is) the University of Arizona. It says log in to arizona......edu. I have to click on the 'X' at least 6 times to finally close the box. It does not pop up again once closed. Of course I can't log in because I don't have a password. It only happens when I use my laptop. If I open the program on any other computer, it does not popup. I have tried making a new presentation and deleting each slide one by one to see if I can find where the popup is coming from. I have had no luck with that so far. I think I have it removed then all of a sudden it pops up next time I open the file. I have removed all of the pictures thinking they may have been tied to this site somehow. I have tried searching my computer for any files with those words in it. I have run spyware checks. No luck. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Osprey100

Osprey100

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:53 PM

It sounds to me like the pop-up blocking (if you run one) program has not been told to block this specific site. Open your browser, go to Internet Options, Content and see if you can tweek your pop-up blockers.

#3 tajsimmons

tajsimmons

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 PM

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:21 PM

MargieMorgan,

I'm betting somewhere in your presentation is either an image/picture or a link to that website. Probably to former, If you copy and paste an image from the net into your presentation... powerpoint tries to keep the link/connection. I believe it's something called OLE.

See
PowerPoint connects to the internet unexpectedly
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00613.htm

Cheers
TAJ Simmons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users