Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Jammed Cd-rom Drive.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Leon Siria

Leon Siria

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:25 AM

My CD-ROM drive got jammed after I inserted a CD into it.There was a splintering noise from the drive and I could not eject the CD either through push button in the drive directly or by the Eject option got by right clicking the drive icon.I have also tried the emergency eject provision by inserting a pin into the eject hole in the drive;but could not get any result.Any chance of rectifying the fault without actually removing the drive from the CPU set?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:55 AM

When you try to manually release the tray do you feel the resistance and then it give? If you do you have released the tray but with the damaged CD in it you may have to force the tray open.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 PM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:50 PM

Have another bash with the emergency eject hole, try wiggling a straightened paperclip, that always works for me. Also try ejecting the CD when the computer is booting up. If all else fails, it will have to be removed from your PC.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users