Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help Me, Idk Much About Computers, I'm Worried!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fierypoetic

fierypoetic

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:35 AM

I am so worried. Our computer is acting the worst I've ever seen it. We have already had a virus infect our computer once and it took all of our pictures, especially the ones of deceased relatives. :thumbsup: Our Internet Explorer won't work, it always says there is an error on the page. Our computer keeps freezing. AOL won't work. Even our calculator won't work. We have scanned our computer and it is yielding no results. Also at the beginning when we start up our computer it says "fan failure". I think we may have done more damage than the computer had to begin with. We tried to delete Internet Explorer entirely, we went into Control Panel, into Add/Remove Configurations, and tried to get rid of it. It ended up configuring a bunch of things we didn't even understand and didn't delete Internet Explorer. There are even moments where we have no icons or start on our desktop, it's just the picture and nothing else. It's slow to start up. Those are just a few details as to what's going on. Please someone help me, even point me in the right direction. I don't want this to happen again.

Edited by fierypoetic, 14 September 2007 - 12:46 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fierypoetic

fierypoetic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:41 AM

I really would love the help. I'm so upset, my ma is like in tears. If you can help thank you so much. Gotta go! :thumbsup:

#3 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:05 AM

Hi fierypoetic. Welcome to BleepingComputer.

Can you go back to before the trouble started and do a System Restore.

Let us know. Good luck.

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,606 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:09 AM

Instructions for using System Restore or System Restore from a command prompt in "SAFE MODE".
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users