Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Illegal Operation Message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bonnieb

bonnieb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:51 PM

no matter what I am doing at times, I get a white box that says;

iexplore

An error has occured in your program. To keep working anyway, click ignore and save your work in a new file. To quit this program, click close. You will lose information you entered since your last save.

close ignore

But the "ignore" never works, forcing me to use "close." And every time I do that I get a smaller gray and red box which reads;

iexplore
X This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. close
If the problem persists, please contact the program vender. details

....and then my browser closes! :thumbsup:

What IS the problem and how can it be fixed please?!
THANK YOU!

~Mod Edit: Removed E-mail Address so Not to attract Spambots.
Moved topic to more appropriate forum~TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 14 September 2007 - 12:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 12:58 AM

I assume you are using Internet Explorer 7. If so, try reinstalling it. Go Start > Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs and remove Internet Explorer 7. This will roll you back to Internet Explorer 6. Then go to this site, download and reinstall Internet Explorer 7.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users