What does the browser warning pop up say?
Did you follow the generic instructions for using SmitfraudFix
in BC's self-help tutorial
"How to remove the Smitfraud/Generic Zlob
(scroll down to where it says Removal Instructions
If so and that has not resolved the problem, download RogueRemover
and save to you Desktop. (This program is for Win XP, 2000, NT only)
- Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.
- During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
- Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program and select Check for Updates.
- If prompted, click Download to receive the latest updates.
- When completed, close the update window.
- Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.
Then download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
- Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
- An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
- If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and unzip into the program's folder.)
- Reboot in "SAFE MODE using the F8 method and launch SUPERAntispyware.
- In the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
- There are three scanning options. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next".
- After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
- Make sure they all have a checkmark next to them and click "Next".
- A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
- Select close to exit the program and reboot normally.