Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Info. And Feedback + Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderer

Thunderer

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 13 September 2007 - 05:49 AM

Hi, I am going to buy a new custom built PC with the following specs but I would like to have some feedback about it so that I would know whether I am buying the right things or not.

So the list is;

Motherboard - Asus Blitz Formula SE iP35
C.P.U. - Intel Core2Quad Q6600
R.A.M. - Corsair TwinX XMS2 Dominator PC8500 (1066Mhz)
Video-card - 728MB BFG PCI-Express GF 8800GTX
Speakers - Logitech X540 5.1 Surround Speakers
Hard-Disk - 2* 500GB 7200rpm - Seagate SATA2
Power Supply - Enermax Galaxy 1000W
Optical Drive - Pioneer DVR-212 18x Black Dual Layer
U.P.S. - 1400VA Centralion Blazer Line Interactive
Windows - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium (OEM)
Network - Edimax 54G Wireless USB Adaptor
Case - ThermalTake Kandalf
Keyboard and Mouse - Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000

I am not sure about the printer and monitor to buy but all that I know is that with regards to the:

Printer - It should be all-in-one (no fax needed), should be network enabled and could be used when the main PC the printer is installed on is switched off, would have a high printing resolution, comes also with an LCD screen and a card-reader.

Monitor - First of all I would like a wide monitor either 19" or 22" with outstanding picture quality and that the frame would be black in colour.

Also I am not sure whether to install a water cooling system to it as well since I am abit skeptic about it. Otherwise could please someone suggest me an alternative cooling system that is very good and would cool down the system well.

So, could someone suggest me brands and models with regards to the printer and monitor since I do not know what the choose exaclty.

Hope there would be feedback since I really need it.

Edited by Thunderer, 13 September 2007 - 06:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:00 PM

Over your system looks nice, my suggestions for the printer/all in one: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping...de=Q8220A%23ABA
for Your widescreen monitor, I like this one: http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/...=LS24HUBCFV/XAA
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 13 September 2007 - 11:29 PM

I wouldn't go with Vista until it has its first service pack, it's still buggy.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:59 AM

Dell Flat screen monitors are pretty nice too. I don't know from first hand exp, but my Brother has 2 of them and 3 of my customers have them. Dell Monitors

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

You don't need a 1000W PSU for that. I'm running more than that on my 600W Enermax.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users