Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Onboard Graphics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tboctavan

tboctavan

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:16 PM

My question is I'm buyinng a PC, and the mobo has the nVidia 6150 SE GPU chip on it (Compaq Presario SR5113WM Desktop PC w/ AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 3600+). What's the graphical capabilities of that? I don't intend to run UT, but I do use SOME 3D programs, and am into emulation. How much better is it than the 4MB I have now (or should I be ok without a card for awhile)?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,842 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:40 PM

If your not really playing any games, it should be fine. It is definetly better then anything with only 4mb that you have now. My friend has that, and can even play some games like Guild Wars, and counter strike source fine without much lag.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 PM

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:16 PM

and that model comes with a pci express 16 slot so you can always add a mid level card later

and 2 empty slots for more dual channel ram

Edited by DaChew, 13 September 2007 - 03:17 PM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users