Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox, Adblock Plus, And Noscript

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:07 PM

I just downloaded Mozilla Firefox 2 (don't know the exact version, but its the newest, i think.) And i got adblock plus, its acting all wierd, like it will block the image but its still there... and when i go to ad filters i looked at the drop down menu... i saw subscription, anyone know any good ones? And with the Noscript, is there a way u can stop the little bar at the bottom that says: scripts stopped... is there any way to stop that?

Thanks,
Master5270

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,989 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:37 PM

Right click on NoScript logo and choose "options". Choose "notifications" tab. Uncheck "show message about blocked script".

Filter subscriptions
Users can add external filtersets. Adblock Plus includes the ability to use one or more external filter subscriptions that are automatically updated. Filterset.G is incompatible with this system, but other filtersets can added by typing their addresses. A list of known Adblock Plus subscriptions is maintained on the Adblock Plus official website.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adblock#External_links

You may be experiencing a conflict between the NoScript and Adblock Plus addons. Suggest you turn off NoScript and see if you still see the ads. I use Adblock, not Adblock plus, NoScript and Flash block on Firefox l.5 with no problem like you describe.

Edited by buddy215, 12 September 2007 - 08:38 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Master5270

Master5270
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:07 PM

Thanks, it works really well now, No Ads, and that annoying bar too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users