Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help I Have A Virus!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ecobbler

ecobbler

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 AM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:39 PM

i have a virus on my computer, my friends computer has a virus that sends viruses to other people though aim and i opened it and got a virus. my computer is running slower and i cannot connect to the internet through itunes or limewire. also, in aim, i send viruses to other people automaticly. i download Avast! and tried a system restore but nothing worked, can you please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,056 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:11 PM

What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans? Have you tried doing your scans in "SAFE MODE"?

Download and run AIMFix to remove all known AOL Instant Messenger-related viruses.

Download Sysclean Package and the latest Virus Pattern Files - (Pattern files are usually named lptxxx.zip, where xxx is the pattern file number).
Be sure to print out out and follow the instructions provided in the How to Use System Cleaner for performing a scan.
This tool generates a log file (sysclean.log) in the same folder where the scan is completed - C:\Sysclean.
When using Sysclean its best to use the Administrator's account or an account with Administrative rights otherwise you will not have access rights to scan some locations. You can also Use the "Run As" Command to Start a Program as an Administrator. Even when doing that, the scanning process may result in "Access Denied" messages for some files. This is normal because these files are protected by the system.

Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free.

Then perform this online Virus scan: BitDefender Online Scanner. <- Add a check by "Autoclean".
(Requires Internet Explorer to work. Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.)
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users