Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Host Music On Webpage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:00 PM

I have music on my website with a media player, but currently I have the music player hidden but I want just a standard player just like this one for example: <embed src="music.mid" width="360" height="165" /> Do I just add the music, I have ownership rights to it, to my directory and input thiswayafter-closeathand.mp3 that as the code source?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 AM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:44 PM

Hey xx66stangxx!

Yes, you are correct. Make sure though of any folders that your music file is located in. When you upload your page and your music, if it's in the same directory as the page with the music file in, then you are right.

For example, if the page is index.html but your music file is in a music folder, you'll want to have: music/mymusicfile.wmv

It's good to have the controller with the music because it gives your viewer the opportunity to turn it off. :flowers:

Also, you have the option to have it start playing when a viewer comes to the page or have them turn it on, and/or have it loop. Just have them be either true or false (yes or no) depending on what you want.

<embed src="beethoven.mid" autostart="false" loop="false" />

Good luck! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#3 xx66stangxx

xx66stangxx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:31 PM

ok sweet, because I was getting annoyed looking for websites to host music haha. As soon as I finish fixing my computer, gotta love Vista :-p. I will upload my directory on the site and will respond back.

Thanks again,

Danny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users