Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Old Printer Deleted, Interface Still Pops Up At Stat-up Of The Pc

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 crASHed

crASHed

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:12 PM

Hello,

I recently bought a new printer and after installing the new one, I removed the old printer (in the control panel). Still, the old printers start-up interface pops up everytime I start the pc and slows everything down. I then have the crossed symbol of the printer next to my clock, telling me the printer is disconnected. I would like to kick that out of the start program or delete it from the pc but I do not know how. Thanks for any input. Oh, the old printer is HP Office Jet Series 700.

I have Microsoft Windows XP, Home Edition installed. Version 2002, Service Pack 2
My pc is HP Pavilion, AMD Athlon XP 3200+, 2.2 GHz, 448 MB of RAM. Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16512)

Thanks for your help!
crASHed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:00 PM

Did you remove the old software and driver from Add/Remove programs?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 crASHed

crASHed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:46 PM

Yes, it says "The log file C:\Program Files\...\HP OfficeJet 700\uninst.isu is not valid the data has been corruped. Uninstallation will not continue"

I am also a little confused since my new printer is also from HP and I am afraid I am throwing something off the pc that I should not b/c it belongs to the new printer.

#4 crASHed

crASHed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:17 PM

Any one else an idea?

#5 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:26 PM

If you go to " Start" then "Printers and Faxes", does your Officejet 700 show up as an icon? You can also go to "Run" and type "Msconfig" then go to the "Startup" tab and search for any Officejet 700 startup items and uncheck them. Then restart your computer and see if the problem still exists.

#6 mommabear

mommabear

• Members
  • 492 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:59 PM

I removed the old printer (in the control panel)

Are the old drivers still in Device Manager-Hardware?

#7 Crizz44

Crizz44

• Members
  • 496 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:35 PM

You may want to reinstall your old printer and try the uninstall again, this sometimes can fix the error.

#8 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,136 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:50 AM

If you still have problems with the uninstall after re-installing the old printer You can do it this way. Follow this Tutorial. REMEMBER TO SAVE A COPY OF THE REGISTRY FIRST. Afterwards you can use This Utility to remove the item from your add/remove list if it doesn't appear in the registry uninstall directory. I just went through this with not being able to uninstall Adobe CS2 here is the Thread. You should also uninstall the new printer before doing a manual uninstall of the old one since you will delete all traces of the printers software it will be easier since you wont have twice as many entries to delete.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 15 September 2007 - 11:08 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#9 crASHed

crASHed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:41 PM

If you go to " Start" then "Printers and Faxes", does your Officejet 700 show up as an icon? You can also go to "Run" and type "Msconfig" then go to the "Startup" tab and search for any Officejet 700 startup items and uncheck them. Then restart your computer and see if the problem still exists.

I tried that and it works. Thanks. I do not have the old soffware anymore, so I cannot install it anew. As for Sneakycyber, I will look into that the next couple of days. Thank you!

Cheers!

#10 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:02 AM

I tried that and it works. Thanks. I do not have the old soffware anymore, so I cannot install it anew. As for Sneakycyber, I will look into that the next couple of days. Thank you!

Cheers!

You can download it here or order a CD
Mark
HP Printer download
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users