What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans? Have you tried doing your scans in "SAFE MODE
"? Are you doing scans while logged into the Administrator's account
or an account with administrator privileges
You need to start there first. If you don't have any anti-virus or anti-malware programs see BC's List of Virus & Malware Resources
and at least scan with Ad-Aware
and Spybot S&D
. In #4 there is a list of several free online anti-virus scans which you can perform. I would also recommend that you download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free
If your still having problems then download MsnCleaner.zip
and save to you Desktop.
- Extract (unzip) the file to your desktop (click here if your not sure how to do this) but DO NOT use it yet.
- Reboot your computer in "SAFE MODE" using the F8 method.
- Double-click MsnCleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click the "Analyze" button.
- A report will be created after you finish scan and saved to C:\MsnCleaner.txt.
- If it finds an infection, click the "Deleted" button.
- Reboot normally when done.