Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

LSA Shell Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gochoo2

Gochoo2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 07 February 2005 - 01:42 PM

I'm suffering a really frustrating problem with XP. Everytime I am connected to the internet for more than a few minutes, I get an error message saying that Windows XP has detected a problem with LSA Shell (export version) and needs to close. Then my computer shuts itself down after 60 seconds. At first I found a virus and thought that was the problem, and I even went through the process of completely re-formatting my drive and reinstalling XP, but it still won't go away. It seems to be some sort incompatibility with my computer, XP, my modem, and/or my ISP but it just started happening recently after everything had been fine for the 6 months since I installed XP.

It only happens when I am connected to the internet. Otherwise, everything seems to work fine.

Any ideas ? I'm ready to chuck the thing out the window.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:15 PM

You need to download the updates for windows xp. Go to www.windowsupdate.com and download all available critical updates. It will help if you enable the firewall first in xp:

Configuring Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users