Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sombody Please Help Me

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 crissie

crissie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 PM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:43 AM

Hey guy's
I really need help :thumbsup: my computer crashed so i re-installed windows xp but since i done that i haven't been able to get any sound.
my comp is saying i have no hardware but my sound card and speaker's are all connected.

any suggestions????

Thanks,
Crissie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 PM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:51 AM

Hello crissie and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

When you reinstalled Windows did you reinstall the driver for your sound card? If not, that's probably your problem.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 TheDoctor

TheDoctor

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 AM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 10:38 AM

I think it's a driver problem too.
To check if the drivers are ok you can right-click "My computer" on the Desktop then choose "Properties".
In the new window select the "Hardware" tab and then "Manage Hardware".
You should get a list of all the hardware peripherals installed on your machine.
If there are some yellow triangles or rounds with an exclamation point in it that piece of hardware may require a driver update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users