Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Reactivation Loop Error

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bravewon

bravewon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:33 AM

Ok, I just bought this computer from a private party. I also just bought a duel monitor video card for my new computer.
Its running XP HOME EDITION. It is a legal copy, I checked the key on another site.
I installed the new video card and when I go to log in from the welcome screen it says that I have to activate windows XP.
So I say no and it spits me back out to log in. Then I say yes and it logs me in and then says Im already activated and then logs me back out to the welcome screen.
Well, then I rebooted in safe mode and logged in as administrator and it didnt ask me for anything, in the system - cool right?
So now what can I do to stop this looping activate - already activated glitch so I can log in normal mode as user W/admin rights? ?
Any help, ideas would be great.

Edited by bravewon, 12 September 2007 - 01:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jos789

jos789

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:06 AM

If you just bought it, I don't think you have something important on the computer and I would do a reinstall --> format and install from scratch.

Edited by jos789, 12 September 2007 - 03:07 AM.

#3 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:13 PM

Hi bravewon. You can be sure you have a good install (no errors or malware) if you reinstall.

Do you also have the Install/Recovery and drivers discs ?

If you think this install is OK you could simply log into the Administrator account and create a new user account. This may cure the login hocus-pocus. After testing it sucessfully you could delete the old account.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:47 PM

Just curious, what other site did you use to verify the key? Was it a Micro$oft site?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Bonneville

Bonneville

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:54 PM

:thumbsup:

Hiya,

Me too.

Tony.
Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users