Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working Due To Virusprotectpro

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 XMiddleXWelchX5

XMiddleXWelchX5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 01:19 AM

I am sure this problem is due to the VirusProtectPro Spyware, but in the removal instructions you have to open programs off of your desktop, but how can I do that when i cant click on any icons on my desktop or open up the start menu? When I close the notification window, it just restarts explorer and then the window opens up again. PLEASE HELP ME TRY AND FIX THIS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO!!!!!!! AHHHHHH BLEEPING COMPUTER

~Mod Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum and made title more descriptive~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 12 September 2007 - 05:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mand0

mand0

• Members
  • 144 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:50 AM

If you're trying to remove that program maybe you can use a third-party program like CCleaner to do so. If explorer.exe keeps crashing on you (which you will know when this happens because the taskbar will disappear) then open on the task manager (press ctrl+shift+escape) then go to File then New Task and type "explorer.exe".

And have a look here too.

#3 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:55 PM

Mand0 is on the right track. Anything you can do with Explorer you can do (clumsily) with Task Manager and the Command Line. Please confirm that you can launch Task Manager. Also let us know whether you have managed to download Smitfraudfix as yet. If not try to download it now. It is linked to in the tutorial that Mand0 linked.

Another question -- can you boot into Safe Mode? This is important for running Smitfraudfix. Please try it. If you don't know how, here's a link with instructions:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Please let us know if you are able to do these things. If so, we can tell you how to run Smitfraudfix using Task Manager.

#4 wtfmang

wtfmang

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:22 AM

but the problem is that the explorer wont let u do ne thing it just crashes over and over again wont let you do anything

#5 DaveM59

DaveM59

Bleepin' Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:54 AM

You can launch Task Manager with the "three finger salute" even if Explorer is shut down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users