Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:19 PM
Thanks to you all for your time.
1. Misterdog : I can't find "Portable Media Devices" in the Control Panel.
2. Crizz44: I FIND it as per your guidance.
In the "Disk Management" it shows the Basic Disk (the PC HD) under the name 'Disk 0' with its three partitions (C, D, and E)
and the USB device under 'SWISSMEMORY' but with its 'Layout' as Partition and 'Status' Healthy (active).
The issue is that at the lower side of the 'Computer Management' window (where the graphical divisions of the every disc are presented)
I can see :
- Dick 0 : Basic - Online /with the three blocs (one for each partition i.e. C, D, E) and with a dark blue line above the C partition
bloc which means 'Primary Partition' and light blue line above the D and E partitions which means 'Logical Drives'
- Disk 1: Removable - Online / with one bloc 'SWISSMEMORY' but there is a blue dark line above this bloc (similar to the C partition)
which means 'Primary Partition' .
I right clicked on 'Disc1' then on 'Change Drive Letter and Path...' to add a letter. It added the letter H (letters F and G are already
assigned to CDROM and DVD).
I right clicked again on 'Disc1' then on 'Change Drive Letter and Path...' It shows the letter H
Clicking on the tab 'ADD' it shows the button with 'Mount in the following NTFS folder', then cliking on the tab 'Browse' it shows the
three partitions of dick 0 (C, D, E). i.e. I have to "insert" this device to one of the existing partitions?
- I right clicked on the bloc ''SWISSMEMORY (H:)' then on 'Open and I got the content (list) of the USB device , but the
Address bloc was empty.
I clicked on the icon 'UP' to check to which tree folder this open one (i.e. the usb) belong and it shows 'My Computer'
I clicked on the icon 'Back' its shows all the content of the USB device.
- Now I can open the USB files thru 'Disk Management' then right clicking on the bloc representing the removable disk and
on 'Open' (as detailed above)
- The device does not appear in 'My Computer' even though it seems that drive H is under My Computer tree folder
- Where this drive H hides? How to make it appeared separately under 'My computer' same as for the other drives ?