Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Realtek '97 Only One Speaker Working

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tehachapi Militia

Tehachapi Militia

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 AM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:28 PM

I have done all the troubleshooting that realtek has to offer and still only one speaker (right) is working. It is the Realtek high definition audio '97 card that is part of the motherboard. Please Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 PM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:59 PM

Do you have any headphones you can plug in to see if its the card or the speaker?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 dfence

dfence

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:56 PM

Or, do you have 2 separate speakers and can you switch them around left to right instead ?
I'm not as think as you drunk I am

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:33 PM

I had the same problem once. The solution was to use connections for analog instead of for digital output. This might be something you want to check into. Your speaker manual should give the information regarding each one and how to connect them.

#5 Tehachapi Militia

Tehachapi Militia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:09 AM

I can connect the speakers in different order (left speaker to right input and vice versa) so I know it is not a problem with the speakers. I have just a basic 2 speaker with sub-woofer setup and it only puts out sound from one front speaker. Nothing from the left speaker and sub-woofer. I will try to connect it analog style. I'll post back if it works.

#6 Tehachapi Militia

Tehachapi Militia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2007 - 02:18 AM

I checked the audio manager and it is setup for analog connections. My speakers are connected with a single cable into the green color coded "line out" jack on the motherboard, not the front jacks. Perhaps the cable is bad and there is something not making a connection?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users