Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Change My Default Browser?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:12 PM

How do I change my default browser settings?. I have done a search but no luck. Thanks in advance for any help.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noot

Noot

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:31 PM

Which browser are you switching to?

If you're switching to FireFox, to make that your default, go to Tools>Options>Main Tab

On the bottom of the window, there's a default settings and check the box to make sure that it checks to keep FireFox the default browser. Then click on the button next to it, "Check Now".

If you're wanting to make sure IE is your default, if you've used FF at all, make sure that box is unchecked and open the IE browser. Click Tools>Internet Options>Programs Tab

About 2/3 of the way down, there is a box to check and then click on "Make Default".

If there's another browser you are looking to make your default, let me know. :thumbsup:

Good luck!
Posted Image

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving
that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
E. B. White (1899 - 1985)

#3 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 761 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:32 AM

Thanks Noot.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#4 Learner87

Learner87

• Members
  • 132 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:04 PM

Thnx noot, ur guidance solves my problem 2.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users