Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disabled Functions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 joe nelligan

joe nelligan

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 PM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:46 PM

Anyone. Don't know what I messed with but the add/remove window is blank and won't close and doesn't appear in the task manager window but it's there and I have to shut down to rid it. Also the Yahoo favorites functions is disabled. When I tried to put some back in, they were deleted. Don't even know where to start. Help???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 joe nelligan

joe nelligan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2007 - 10:57 AM

I not only deleted the entire Favorite file, but killed it all together. When I add a site, it only saves for about a minute and deletes itself. Have run 4 different Registry and virus sweeps to no avail. When I cllck start and explore the system, all the favorite files are there. What did I do wrong and how does it get corrected.
Thank you
Joe
Everything is functioning, they are just blank. Have a hunch I did something stupid as am forever clearing the cookie file, the recycle bin and Int temp files

Edited by TMacK, 16 September 2007 - 12:48 AM.
Merged Topics ~ Same Issue

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:05 AM

Hi joe nelligan,

The problems you are having could be Malware related.

I've noted that you have an open HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, Log
At this point, making any changes to your system could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean.

Please continue following the HJT Team members instructions, as they should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed, since you have an open log posted. If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users