Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Access Control Panel

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lvnmomma

lvnmomma

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:55 AM

Hello and thank you for help in advance :thumbsup: You have no idea how much I appreciate it.

So here goes...I met another member with the same problem as me, I read the posting and I now know "You have at least one Backdoor Trojan on your pc." Ane he ended up reformatting his computer. I have absolutely no idea how on earth to do this. I see also that everyone is adding hijackthis log along with their problem, but I don't know how to do this either I'm frustrated with my limited knowledge and really hope someone will be so kind as to walk me through it step by step.

The problem - I have a system tray icon that says "Your computer is infected. Windows has detected spyware infection!......" It just directs me to a bogus website.
I also have no acces to my control panel. I receive a message saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." After a few minutes I receive a Windows Security Alert "Your computer is making unaothorized copies of your Internet files. Run full scan now....."

I have IE6 and it seems to be working fine. I ran AVG, norton and adware. I removed everything ithey found but still no luck.

Thanks, Suzanne

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:31 AM

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer.
Since I do not know the full extent to which you are infected, I do not think it is appropriate to offer advice on whether or not to reformat your computer, but based on your descriptions I do not think that it is necessary. Formatting should only be used if there is no way to remove the infections from your computer, or if sensitive data is at risk. Obviously this is quite a long process to carry out, so in your case I would advise to try to clean the malware first before resorting to formatting. However, if you would like to read more about doing this, take a look at the following page:
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall?

Now, on with the cleaning ...
Firstly, we will try following a self-help guide to try to remove the infection from your computer: How To Remove Smitfraud, Self-Help Guide.
If this does not solve the problem entirely, follow our Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting a HijackThis Log; running all of the scans before posting your HijackThis log. Do not post your log here, but instead use our HijackThis Logs and Analysis Forum.
After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer except those that are advised by a member of the HijackThis Team; doing so can cause system changes that may not be visible in your log. Please be patient whilst waiting for a response, our HJT Team is currently very busy, and as we try to deal with logs on a "first come first served" basis, you may have to wait a short while.

If you have any problems carrying out these steps or require additional information, just ask and we will do our best to rectify them for you.

Edited by rookie147, 11 September 2007 - 11:31 AM.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users