Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Greetings

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CrazyMick

CrazyMick

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 07 February 2005 - 12:58 AM

Hello everyone,

I found this site through Google while trying to make a computer behave. I had a particularly nasty piece of adware/spyware that wouldn't go away. I found a tutorial here and was able to get rid of it quickly. Excellent site... lots of good information.. I plan on making a donation as soon as I get paid for this cleanup job.

Hi again and thanks!
CrazyMick :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2005 - 01:14 AM

We are just happy that BC helped you. Never hesitate to return if you need help or want to ask a question.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 07 February 2005 - 10:37 AM

Welcome to BC!

Glad those Tutorials helped you out! I would like to know which one was it?

If you have any more questions just ask anytime!

Enjoy your stay at BC!

#4 TexasAngel67

TexasAngel67

Bleeping Helper

• Members
  • 1,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:04 AM

:flowers: Hi CrazyMick and :trumpet: to Bleeping Computer!

We would all like to welcome you to our site, where we all
volunteer our time to helping others who need it or for those
who just want advice on computer issues. We also have fun
here as you may have noticed. Everyone needs to kick back
and relax, of course. :thumbsup: Enjoy your stay here. We're really
happy to hear our tutorials have helped you. Thanks for posting.

~67~

#5 CrazyMick

CrazyMick
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2005 - 02:02 PM

Welcome to BC!

Glad those Tutorials helped you out! I would like to know which one was it?

If you have any more questions just ask anytime!

Enjoy your stay at BC!

Actually.. I have used quite a few of them. Short list:

LSP Fix - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/using-lsp-fix-to-remove-spyware/
Windows Startup Locations - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-program-automatic-startup-locations/

I've also used bits and pieces of a few others. I have quite a few articles from here and elsewhere that are printed in a binder that I now take with me on my "spyware removal" jobs. That plus a CDRW with utilites and their updates. I honeslty believe I could make a living doing only this. I have donated to both Adaware and Spybot and will donate to here soon. If it were for places like this and programs like those.. my job would be much harder.

I will say this.. learning how to get rid of this stuff has forced me to learn more about the registry that I ever wish I knew. ;)

It's all good though, part of being a nerd.

Thanks again
CrazyMick

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2005 - 03:09 PM

Anymore, computer security is not the sole provinance of nerds, since it effects every computer on the net. It is good that you are willing and able to help others with their (usually self-caused) computer security issues, and there ARE people making a living removing spyware and teaching uninformed users about computer security best practices.
The tutorials are great sources of information, and our HJT team of volunteers is always ready to help people with some of the harder problems. BC has just added a database of startup applications/programs that you may find useful.
Never hesitate to post a question or problem to a forum, and hopefully you will have so time to answer some yourself.

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users