Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is This Site Safe To Allow Pop-ups?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 trumpetman51

trumpetman51

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:21 AM

I was recently configuring the POP-UP Blocking Rules for my MSN Premium Internet browser. The config "rules" selection process offered several WEB SITES to ALLOW or NOT ALLOW POP-UPS FROM, one of them being www.peerevolution.com which as far as I know is a FORUM SITE for "OFFICIAL HOME of ARES SUPPORT FORUM"

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IS, WHAT IS THE DEGREE OF 'SAFETY" INVOLVED WITH ARES AND SHOULD I ALLOW POP-UPS FROM THIS SITE?

PLEASE ADVISE!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

trumpetman51

"The right direction's all that counts and there's no way for me to get there late!!"

trumpetman51 (John)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 PM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:32 AM

The site checks out okay on McAfee's Site Advisor.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 Falu

Falu

• Security Colleague
  • 3,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:35 AM

Hi trumpetman51, :flowers:

In general I think no site should give you pop ups.

If you want to check links you may use a free tool like: Linkscanner light!!

Furthermore use Google: copy/paste the url in the search box and see what it comes up with.

Another nice tool is McAfee SiteAdvisor for Firefox and/or IE (see bottom of that page.

Good luck!! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users