Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fast New Computer --- Half Dead Browsing?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 the_maximus

the_maximus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 AM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 12:36 AM

I have tried everything I can think of. maintenance stuff (registry mechanic, ccleaner, ad-aware, symantec, defrag) and network stuff (restart the modem, kill the firewall (nvidias and windows))....

Firefox seems to log lots of errors in the console when I go to pages that the same version of firefox on my laptop (2 year old dell) doesn't have problems with.

I don't know what could be the problem, so all help and idea throwing is appreciated.

~Max

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:28 AM

You could try reinstalling FireFox.

1) Download a fresh copy of Firefox and save it.
2) Save your bookmarks by exporting them using the Bookmark Manager menu.
3) Uninstall Firefox Using Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
4) Delete the Firefox directory under Mozilla in the Program Files directory.
5) Delete the Firefox directory under the Application Data directory in your user profile.
6) Reinstall Firefox using the download from Step 1.
7) Use the Bookmark Manager menu to import the bookmarks you saved in Step 2.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users