Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hardware Information Software?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 unloaded

unloaded

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:50 PM

Are there any software that displays hardware specifications of the followings?

Sata or Pata or IDE drive of my hard drives even external ones, also their speed.
What type of ram I have, eg DDR, DDRII, DDRIII, and how big they are.

because I went to the windows system tools/system information, apart from the xp info, I don't understand what the hardware part has listed.

Also is there a quick way to know if my hard drives are IDE or SATA?
Thanks

Edited by unloaded, 10 September 2007 - 11:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 01:31 AM

Try SIW.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:24 AM

thanks alot, I checked for my external HDD, which is an ATA/133? I read Wikipedia, it says its a SATA 1.0........which I don't really understand. It's not really faster than my IDE/SATA primary drive, is this because of the limitations with USBs?

#4 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:24 AM

SIW, you beat me to it! you can also try Belarc PC audit a free utility that will provide hardware info.
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#5 unloaded

unloaded
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 398 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:42 AM

Belarc PC audit also works great, but it detected my computer with three diff. AVs? any ways I can fix that?

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 PM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 08:46 AM

Hardware information programs have to be taken with a grain of salt - they work by reading the information that's stored about each device/program - so if it's stored in different places, or if it written differently in different places, things won't add up. Using several tools will usually let you figure out what's what within your system.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users