What OS (Win XP/2000, etc) are you using? What type of anti-virus are you using? Have you performed any anti-spyware scans? Have you tried doing your scans in "SAFE MODE
"? Are you doing scans while logged into the Administrator's account
or an account with administrator privileges
? You can also Use the "Run As" Command
to Start a Program as an Administrator.
If your using Win XP or 2000, please print out and follow the generic instructions for using SmitfraudFix
in BC's self-help tutorial
"How to remove the Smitfraud/Generic Zlob
(scroll down to where it says Removal Instructions
)If you have downloaded SmitfraudFix previously please delete that version and download it again as the tool is frequently updated!
Then, download RogueRemover
and save to you Desktop. (This program is for Win XP, 2000, NT only)
- Double-click on rr-free-setup.exe to install in C:\Program Files\RogueRemover.
- During the installation an icon will automatically be created on your Desktop.
- Double-click on the RogueRemover icon to launch the program and select Check for Updates.
- If prompted, click Download to receive the latest updates.
- When completed, close the update window.
- Select "Scan" and the program will walk you through the remaining steps.
Post back if you continue to have problems.