Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook '03 Toolbars Wont Stay Where I Put Them

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 WitsEnd

WitsEnd

• Banned
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:47 AM

When I move a toolbar it stays where I put it until I close the window, when I reopen the window, it's back in the original place. VERY FRUSTRATING. Example See Picture. I like the toolbar up in line with the other one, it takes up less space is less distarcting up there. I move it when the reply window is open and it stays but the next time I hit reply to an email it's back down at the bottom.

Help! Thanks in advance!

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:17 PM

WitsEnd,

I have searched high and low for some sort of 'fix' for this annoying issue myself. I can tell you in two years I have never found one, that works. Up to and including (shudder) registry edits. This is one area that apparently Microsoft thinks we just have to live with it.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 WitsEnd

WitsEnd
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 10:24 PM

Thanks Animal,

I guess that answers that.

Thanks!