Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gpu

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dociu

Dociu

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:57 PM

My GPU at idle = 65 C

8800GTS 640MB

Is temperature normal?

Sometimes when I'm scrolling some program or some website page down the white background turns to pinkish colour, is it GPU faulty or suppose like this?

Thank you. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:24 PM

Thats a little hot. Whats the ambient Air temperature? Make sure the fan on the GPU and case fans are operating correctly. Also idle temperatures will vary depending on what screen saver your computer uses. If you have a graphic intensive screen saver it will use the GPU during idle time, but this shouldn't cause the GPU to get that hot. Check the computer for LARGE dust bunnies and give it a good cleaning using Canned Air. Make sure to turn off the computer and unplug it before removing the Case side or cover. Be sure to properly ground your self to the case.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 i have no name

i have no name

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:53 PM

thats lower then mine mine idles at around 68 but never goes above 70 and my second idels at 70 and never goes above 72 well thats at the gpu fans turned at 50%
My system specs
Small chip that goes fast some spinning things a case, a mouse, and a keyboard and a wonderful rectanlge box of colors.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:27 PM

Upon researching on the Nvidia Forums this seems to be an OK temperature. You dont want to get much above 85C. Remember though the cooler you keep the card the longer it will last and the better it will run.

Reference :
Link 1 This is about the 6 series
Link 2 This covers the 8800 GTS

Chad Mockensturm 

#5 Dociu

Dociu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:46 AM

I think will get a vga cooler, when running games sometimes can go up 80+.

But the scrolling of webpage with white background turning to pinkish, is that graphics card problem?

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,034 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:29 PM

Does all of the color on the monitor shift or just the white backround. If its just the back round of the web page I would suspect the video card. Make sure you have the most current drivers and benchmark your card with 3dmark. from Futuremark and see how it scores.

Chad Mockensturm 

#7 Dociu

Dociu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:53 PM

Only the white background is pinkish while scrolling.

Benchmark is great for cpu and graphics but ram seems have problem, I got only 4000+ for 2GB XMS2 Corsair 6400 DD2 800. seems like it should have 8000+ according to website and mine is only better than 42% overall for my memory.

How do I check if its 4-4-4 or 5-5-5 and how do I change this ? Thanks.

Anyone have same score for using same ram as me or is my ram having problems? :thumbsup:

Edited by Dociu, 11 September 2007 - 10:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users