Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bc Review Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nforce

nforce

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:02 PM

Ok, so you want a new video card or something, what do you do? Search google or something to find reviews on it to find the one that would best suit your needs.

BC has really grown a lot since I joined and big companies look for big sites like this to promote their products and even send samples to be reviewed.
I think it would be a great idea to make a section of site(or at least a forum topic) where members could post in-depth review of their hardware or software to help others in the decision of what to buy.

Being a hardware junkie, I have a new Ati HD 2600 pro and ultra x-connect 500w power supply just begging to be reviewed. There could be like a "BC highly recommended" stamp thing we could put on our review pages if the reviewed item is good. And maybe a "BC reviewer team" and all that jazz.

I don't know, I thought it sounded like a good idea. Thanks for listening.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:17 PM

The BC staff has recently been discussing the option of having both hardware and software reviews as a Forum Topic. Thanks for your suggestion and for showing an interest.
Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 10 September 2007 - 12:18 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 JohnWho

JohnWho

Who was running the store?

• Members
  • 2,611 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:15 PM

You know, there are a ton of reviews on the Net on hardware and software.

Perhaps reviewing the reviews might be useful?

In other words, provide links to some of the respected reviewing sources, and then comment on those reviews here at BC. We have many respected members here and their experience with the various products would certainly be interesting, in my opinion.

I know you think you understand what you thought I said,
but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

#4 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:47 PM

I am in favour of a review Thread similar to Cnet Downloads user reviews,with a score out of 5. I go there often to get a general idea of customer satifaction,and any pitfalls. Still on those sites you still don't know if some of the reviews are from the suppliers and a hidden advertisement.
I would give more credence reading reviews from our own Members,here on BC.
Example.

http://www.download.com/Spyware-Terminator...tml?tag=lst-0-1

#5 need TOS

need TOS

• Members
  • 888 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 AM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 03:25 PM

This sounds interesting, it could help when someone is looking to build a new computer or just upgrade... either way here at BC people will know that the ratings here would be accurate.

-Steve
Forgiveness is forgetting about a past that could have been

#6 nforce

nforce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:48 PM

Well, I'm glad that others think its a good idea. I also think that it would be hard to do it just as a separate forum topic though. Most review on other sites take several pages with advanced layouts and other cool stuff that would be hard to do in a forum.

Please tell me of updates on this matter! I would love to do reviews for BC.

Edited by nforce, 10 September 2007 - 06:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users