Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Drops Out Playing Any Media

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gortz777

Gortz777

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:37 PM

Whenever I play any media, using any media player, and any codec pack, the sound drops out completely (for all apps, and for windows), usually after pausing the song or video. Logging off and on always brings the sound back (I even hear the logoff sound), but it's gone again as soon as I play any media.

I recently switched to Vista Home Prem 32 (clean install from OEM disc). Windows update automatically downloaded what appears to be the correct driver for SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio on my Intel D865PERL board. Intel provides no Vista audio drivers for my board at their download centre.

I upgraded my video card as well (NVIDEA GEFORCE 7600 GS OC), a day after installing Vista for the first time. Prior to this I had a very old card (32 MB) running a low version of DirectX. I think I didn't have this problem under that configuration, but I only ran it for a day, and wasn't playing much media, so I could have missed it. Could DirectX 10 be responsible?

I'm out of ideas. Any help is appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gortz777

Gortz777
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:56 AM

This turned out to be problem particular to Soundmax and vista. A solution is to install a third party driver.
http://vistarewired.com/2007/03/29/fix-you...n-windows-vista

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users