Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Images

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sy...

Sy...

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:12 PM

Hi Everyone,

I hope this post is in the right place, if not sorry.

Does anybody know were I can download some images to work with image shack, and were is the best place to down load them to is it my pictures? sorry for being a donut.

Thanks Sy... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:47 PM

If the images you want to download are JPEGs, for example, you can always use Google's Image search which will bring up assorted picture sizes and types. or if you are interested in a particular range of subjects, find websites devoted to them.

Most browsers will download these into My Pictures by default, a seemingly obvious place for them. You may wish to add some folders to My Pictures, as you begin to build a library of photos, at least that is what I do. Some applications wish to add their own folders, but I find this to be confusing when using multiple editing applications, so I keep my photos (either from the NET or from my own camera) there in one place. There are all sorts of photo organizers (a free one at Google:
http://www.picasa.com/index.php ) you might want to use if you do not already have one.

Regards,
John

Edited by jgweed, 06 February 2005 - 05:56 PM.

Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Sy...

Sy...
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:53 PM

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. I will download the one from google.

Best wishes,

Sy...

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:59 PM

I only mentioned Picasa because it is free and I am currently using it, having just downloaded it a week ago. There are certainly others you might find more suited for your needs. Right now, I have pictures in TWO hard drives, and Picasa is useful to find pictures stored in either place, without my having to look at two sets of thumbs. As you get more photos or pictures, having them organised into folders is the real key.
Cheers,
John

#5 Sy...

Sy...
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2005 - 04:29 PM

Hi jgweed,

Sorry for the delay in replying but I've only just noticed it. Iv'e downloaded the software and have been adding photo's to my folders, although I strugged with Image shack at first I'm now getting the hang of it.

I've learn't more from this site in 3 days, than what i have in the last month.

Best Wishes,

Sy... :thumbsup:

#6 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2005 - 04:34 PM

Photo editing can be either very simple or very complex in nature, so start playing with doing the simple things and work up. I am happy you found this site useful, and hope you have bookmarked it.
Cheers!
John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users