Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spybot Won't Clear Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 allison20

allison20

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:57 AM

Help, I have been using spybot for a year on the same computer. I have done nothing to change any settings and the like.
But in the last 2 days, whenever I run spybot, it works fine until I trey to fix problems. When I hit the fix problems tab, the tab disapears and just freazes up my computer. I have a dell e1100 with a celeron processor. It has worked great for a year, and now it will identify the problems, but won't fix them. I got no clue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:59 PM

Spybot is very CPU intensive.
It's possible that the CPU is overheating, and the system is shutting down to protect the processor.
Are your fans running?
Have you cleaned the interior of the case lately?
Check to make sure the heatsink on the processor isn't loose.

What are the names of the files, that are tying to be removed, when it freezes up?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 allison20

allison20
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:44 PM

I have cleaned everything and all is OK

Deleted and re=uped spybot

The programs are all the same, hitbox,statcounter, webtrendslive,zlod,DNSChanger that I see all th etime.

There was a new one: CurePCSolutions that I have never seen before. the first time I saw this one, is whene the problem started. Could this be it.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,199 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2007 - 07:34 PM

You wrote "zlod"--could you have meant "zlob"?

Suggest you use Super Antispyware to remove Smitfraud infection and others. Do an online scan with Bit Defender, too.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

How to Start Windows in Safe Mode:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

Please let us know the results of the scans.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users