Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Got Spyshredder

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 patcher

patcher

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 PM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:48 AM

I followed directions on how to remove it. The spyshredder icon is gone from taskbar but it still appears in programs with the option to uninstall should I do that? The internet is running fine until I want to exit it, then it freezes. My desktop is white now and display in control panel will not allow me to make changes. The only way out of the freeze is to reboot. This makes me scared to open any programs like my quickbooks. Can someone help me? I would appreciate it! Patcher

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:19 AM

Try Rogue Remover and see what it gets:
  • Please download Rogue Remover Free from Malwarebytes.
  • Please save the file to your normal saved file location or the desktop
  • double click on rr-free-setup to run the installation program
  • accept the license agreement.
  • follow all the steps and click finish to run the program
  • Click the check for updates link
  • click the scan link to start scanning
  • when done, follow the onscreen directions to remove anything that it found.
Let us know your results, please.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 10:42 AM

Hello, you should follow Oldf@rts instructions, but if what he had suggested does not work,
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users

* Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
* An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
* If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates".
* When done, select "Scan for Harmful Software".
* There are three scanning options. Choose "Perform Complete Scan" and click "Next".
* When done, a Scan Summary will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
* Make sure they all have a checkmark next to them and click "Next".
* A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
* Click Preferences and then click the statistics/logs tab.
* Click the dated log and press View log. A text file will appear so you can see the results.
* Select close to exit the program.
* Scan in SAFE MODE

#4 patcher

patcher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:43 PM

Thank you Oldf@rt, I loaded RR & I no longed have spyshredder in my"start" "programs" listing, great now the only problem is that Istill have no control of my desktop. I can change the screen saver(was never a problem) but desktop background is stuck in the none position with a circle/ dont sign next to it. Thanks Again Patcher.

#5 Master5270

Master5270

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:18 PM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:56 PM

Did you run SuperAntiSpyware yet? See if that helps out any.

#6 patcher

patcher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

Well it's good that I have a laptop or I'd be all alone here. Again my pc froze up and I had reboot to get her to rospond. So in the last 12 hours I have added SmitfraudFix, Ad-Aware2007, Ad-Watch2007, Spybot Search&Destroy, RoughRemover. I see no evidence of spyshredder, except that now it desktop has a mind of it's own. The desktop icon aray pops up layring over other programs @ will. I'm quite overwhelmed @this point &would like to got midevil with mr. spyshredder!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Patcher

#7 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

Click Start, Control Panel, Appearance and Themes, Display, Desktop, Customize Desktop, Web, Uncheck My Current Home Page, Click The Properties Button, Uncheck Make Available Offline, Click Apply, Ok, Ok, OK.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#8 patcher

patcher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:46 PM

Well, now I have SUPERAntiSpyware and have followed Oldf@rt's instructions to reset my display. Unfortunately,I now I'm unable to close anything that I open, everything just stacks on top of everything.The only way out is to reboot. The good news is that SuperAntispyware did find 1 more thred of spyshredder. This is a graet oppertunaty for all of you super smart computer types to test your skills. Thank Again Patcher P.S. 1 more clue: Desktop, after reboot now has a double layer of icons that show up on the screen "To begin click next to your name" and under my name "you have 2 programs running"

#9 ssmithford

ssmithford

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:27 PM

Ty! The Rogue Remover worked perfect for the Spy Shredder issue I was having as well as with another issue I'd been trying to resolve for months!!!
Sammie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users