Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting Nic Causes Reboot

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alca

alca

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:35 AM

Hi all,

this problem's been happening for around a year now. Whenever I plug an ethernet cord into the port on my network card, my computer briefly displays a BSOD then reboots. So far I've managed to live with it because once Windows restarts the internet works fine. Otherwise I can disable the adapter, plug in the connection, then enable the adapter again which also works. However, I've recently replaced the old card with a wireless network card. So now, whenever that tries to connect to a network, the PC spontaneously reboots in the exact same way.

I'm currently typing this from 'Safe Mode with Networking', where connecting and disconnecting doesn't seem to give any issues at all. Spyware and virus checks bring up nothing. A last attempt at turning off NortonAV or Zonealarm then connectnig doesn't fix the problem.

WinXP
A7N8x-x
AMD Athlon 2800+
1.5 gigs RAM
Booster PCI Wireless Card

Any suggestions at all???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alca

alca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:06 AM

Here's the BSOD message:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you have this "stop error screen", restart
your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps.
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any Windows updates you might need. If problems continue, disable or
remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory
options, such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use a safe mode
to remove or disable components, restart your computer and press F-8 to
select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xFDDD9000, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF7CF154F)

netflt.sys - Address F7CF154F base at F7CF0000, DateStamp 41f8ffdc

Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or Technical support group for further assistance.

#3 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:04 AM

Look at this MS knowledgebase article.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:19 AM

Here's a link on how to remove Panda software from your system (the source of the netflt.sys file): http://www.pandasoftware.co.uk/support/tit...htm#hunst#hunst

I'd also suggest updating your network card drivers from the manufacturer's website.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users