Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Web Browser Freezing Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 epdscoops

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

Lately I find as i am surfing the web my web browser will freeze up and not respond. I know its not my internet connection because I can online game for hours without any freezing. Any ideas? i use IE7

Edited by epdscoops, 08 September 2007 - 04:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:58 PM

Hi epdscoops and Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

How large is your hard drive and how much free space do you have?
Right click on your C drive in Windows and select Properties to get this information.

Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Disk CleanUp to Empty your Recycle Bin and Remove Temporary Internet Files.
In System Tools go to Disk CleanUp, More Options, System Restore and remove all but the latest System Restore point.
Run Disk Defragmenter.
Follow this procedure in the order given.

~Edit~ This problem is sometimes caused by out-of-date video drivers.
Go to the Web site run by the manufacturer of your video card and download, then install, the latest (non-beta) drivers for your video card.

Or you can try the following:
Go to Start and then click Control Panel.
Click Display (in classic view of Windows XP), click the Settings tab, and then click Advanced.
Click the Performance or Troubleshooting tab (depending on your operating system), and then reduce hardware acceleration a notch at a time until your system stabilizes.

Edited by TMacK, 14 September 2007 - 12:30 PM.

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 Caren H

Caren H

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 21 September 2007 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for posting this TMack. I feel it's better to use your third suggestion because I've frequently tried the first option, and my video card is seven months old, (is that considered old? :thumbsup:) If I have any more problems, I'll let you know.

Posted Image
Don't steal my stuff...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users