Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Restrictions "this Operation Has Been Cancelled..."

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Desert_Jewel

Desert_Jewel

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:31 PM

I keep getting this error when I try to perform various functions. I have scanned both anti-spyware and anti-virus softwares. My desktop is white and I have no control panel. I have used Rogue Remover already. I also get an error message that a file is missing in my C drive and I've read the instructions on the forum on how to remove it from the registry by running Spybot and Bitdefender. I haven't downloaded either of them yet. I read something in the forum about license agreements....Geez, I'm afraid I'm going to do something I'm not supposed to all because of some AHoles out there that cause all this crap! Ugh. I know the answers may already be at my access but I'm so bug eyed from reading all the topics and issues, I'm not even sure which ones apply to my situation. Can anyone help me? I'd be sincerely indebted to you. I'm just an avg. Joe...ette.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

Here are good links for Both Spybot S&D and the Bitdefender online scanner. The license agreements for these are clean, so don't worry.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsd/index.html

http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php

A scan and clean with Superantisyware might also help you on the desktop problem.

Make sure that you update Spybot and SAS completely, and try to do these scan and clean(s) in safe mode. Please make sure that you select the complete scan in sas, and let it remove what it finds.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 Desert_Jewel

Desert_Jewel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:36 PM

Thank you so much OLD FART! :thumbsup: I downloaded and ran Spybot. I have my control panel back and my active desktop. I sitll have a few other problems but I will try and solve them on my own before posting for help. Thanks again. You are the MAN!

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:44 PM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:23 AM

Great to hear that, but sometimes you are just seeing the tip of the iceberg. I would recommend that you run a Trend Micro Housecall scan. If you did not run superantispyware, run that also. If you run these other scans, please let us know your results.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users