Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Drivers In W2k

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Thoris

Thoris

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:25 PM

Hi All;

First attempt at getting help here. I inadvertently deleted the drivers for my sound card (on SIS 661FX/661GX/M661MX 964 motherboard) and can't seem to get them installed and working again. Did my best to fully delete any residual files associated with driver, make sure all were uninstalled in Device Manager and used Hijack This to see if there were any bits left behind. I then tried installing new audio drivers obtained from SIS, no good. Tried using those from Realtek, no good. Tried letting Windows search for best drivers (came up with C-Media WDM Audio Driver) and installed those, no good.

My {BLEEPING} computer continues to refuse to bleep. Any thoughts?

Edited by Thoris, 08 September 2007 - 03:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users