Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Insert Text Inside Picture

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:08 PM

I have a lab report for one of my classes and would like to paste a photo in a office 2000 word document and then be able to place numbers in a couple of location so that I can make reference to this in the text below it. If someone can help me out here I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks, dc3

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:11 PM

Would Irfanview do what you want:
Inserting Text Using Irfanview

Just add your numbers, save the image, then add it to the document.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:54 AM

Thanks tg1911.

That site didn't seem to like FireFox, I tried the link that was provided in the turorial and went online to try another site but both failed, it worked like a charm with your link using IE, to figure. I'll give this a try in the morning, I'm have fun with a CAD program at the moment...loads of fun!

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 02:36 AM

You're welcome, dc3.
That's odd, the site didn't work for you.
I just went to it, in Firefox, and didn't have any problems.
I don't guess it doesn't matter anyway, since the download isn't located at the home site.

Just noticed version 4.00 is out.
Guess I need to update. :thumbsup:

On a side note, with the CADImage plug-in, IrfanView can read DXF, DWG, CGM, SVG and HPGL files.

Edited by tg1911, 09 September 2007 - 02:39 AM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30,023 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:20 AM

I couldn't wait till morning to try it, works great. Now I'm thinking of all the deviltry that I can get into with it. I may wind up having to use this on my CAD project, it's a circuit board and the component values were set as a default and I need to change those to complete the drawing and haven't figured out how it's done with the program, you know it must have that option.

Thanks again.

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 09:18 PM

Glad it worked for you, dc3.
I love the program.
For basic image editing, batch conversion, batch renaming, screen capture, resizing, scanning images, etc., etc., ....... it's hard to beat.
I doubt, a day goes by, that I don't use it for something. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users